One of the fun things we acquire as we get into our adult years is realizing the sad, but true, fact that you can no longer have Cinnamon Toast Crunch and chocolate muffins for breakfast every morning.
All of these sweet breakfast treats contain a bunch of added sugar and refined carbohydrates. Refined carbs break down very quickly causing a spike in blood sugar, followed by a crash. In layman’s terms you become hungry, tired, and cranky.
Also known as: Hangry.
The fix for this not so fun turn of events? Switch up your breakfast game! Below are some of my favorite low carb and complex carb breakfasts to keep you alert and satisfied so you can crush your day!
- Shakshuka: Try to say that three times fast! Eggs simmered in tomatoes and other vegetable are the perfect start to your morning. Packed with antioxidants this dish will get you started on the right path! Not to mention it’s extremely flavorful.
- Vanilla Chia Pudding: If you dying to have something sweet, look no more! Chia pudding is the best thing you never knew was healthy. Packed with fiber and healthy fats this baby will keep you full until lunch!
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls: I don’t know about you, but I love when my options are endless. And that is exactly what happens when you make Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls. Greek yogurt is has a ton of protein and can be made savory and sweet.
- Sausage and Egg Casserole: Healthy breakfast just got super quick with an egg casserole. A dish so versatile, the flavor combinations are endless. Meal prep before and you have yourself a meals worth!
Photo: All Day I Dream About Food
- Tofu Scramble: Here’s a great savory option for any vegan or vegetarians out there! It comes together really quick and sure to keep you full for hours.
Well there you have it! A quick little round up for you to switch up your normal breakfast routine and add some nutritious options that will kee